CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Fairy Birthday Party

This weekend we celebrated my daughter's 4th birthday.  She is in love with all things fairy, including Tinkerbell, so we had a fairy party!  I was giving some tiny sneak peeks of the party planning last week, so now you get to see all the details!

The inspiration for the party came from this invitation I made.  The outside says, "Take a peek inside the garden gate..." and inside it says, "The garden fairies have come to celebrate!  Keira's 4th Birthday!"


I made these pretty poms from a tutorial I saw on the Martha Stewart craft website.  They look like big, puffy flowers and were just perfect for our fairy party.


I also created this homemade birthday banner.  I've been meaning to make one of these for a while now and finally got working on it since I had the cutest birthday cake/cupcake fabric.  It was actually a fabric remnant I had picked up at Joann's for around $1.


My next big project was the party favors.  I really wanted to make something special for Keira's friends who were coming.  I know she was just itching to run around with fairy wings on with her friends.  For the girls, I made fairy wings, fairy crowns and fairy wands.  For the boys, I made elf hats and satchels.  It was a lot of work, but they turned out so cute!

These were for the birthday girl...





These are the fairy accessories for the girls...





And for the boys...



Since we were stuck inside for the first half of the party, I put out a bunch of craft supplies and the kids decorated peat pots to look like tiny fairy houses.  It seemed to be a big hit and the houses turned out so cute!



And of course, there was the cake!  Even though this was the most detailed cake I've done, I thought it was the easiest. 



Despite the crazy weather, we still got outside for a bit to swim and play, then had fun eating cake and opening gifts.





It was a wonderful, magical day!  I'm so glad my sweet little fairy had so much fun with her friends and family.  Keira, hope you have a great year being four!






Sharing at:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome job on the fairy cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS! You are such an incredible Mama, Kimberly. Keira must have had the best day ever.

    ReplyDelete