CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Camera Strap Cover Tutorial

With the holidays fast approaching, I will be wearing my camera a lot more.  And, I was thinking about creating a strap cover to make it more comfortable.  I had seen a lot of tutorials around the blogging world for making camera strap covers and they all seemed super easy!  So, I set off this weekend to create one that would be comfortable and stylish.  And, I have the step-by-step directions to share with you!

I wanted my cover to be two sided, one side with a cute print and the other side with a really soft fabric.  These are the fabrics I chose...


I have an Olympus E-300 and it's camera strap is narrow, so I cut a 24" by 2.5" strip from each piece of fabric.


I cut a piece of lightweight fusible fleece to attach to the wrong side of the printed fabric.  I cut this about a 1/4 inch smaller than the fabric.  This gives the lightweight printed fabric a little more stability and also adds a small amount of cushion.


Next, I pinned the two fabric pieces together, right sides together, and stitched along the two long sides of the fabric, leaving both ends open.


After stitching, I turned the fabric tube right side out, then pressed.


I took my camera strap off on one side of my camera and slipped the cover over the strap.  I wanted my cover to stay put, so I folded the raw edges under about a 1/2 inch and sewed along the edge.


I totally love how this turned out!  The fabrics are so pretty, the cover fits perfectly over my strap and the minky fabric on the one side is so soft around my neck.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love changing mine out for different events! Lovin' the pink and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny I JUST was making a tutorial. You beat me too it. You can also add a pocket for your Lens cap too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Haley!

    Cortney, I guess great minds think alike when it comes to cool craft projects! A pocket for the lens cap is a great idea - I'm always misplacing mine. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this today! I only used 1 fabric, but I love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete