CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Kerchief Headband

We are dreaming of Spring over here at The Muddy Princess, so I thought I would share this really cute kerchief headband I made for my daughter.
There wasn't much sewing involved in the making of this headband, because this craft started with a doggy kerchief!  Yes, you heard me, a doggy kerchief!  I found a few of these on clearance a while ago at Target for less than $1 and knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.

 

I started by using my seam ripper to remove the threading from the end pieces where the velcro is.  Turns out, this was one long strip inside the casing.  I decided to keep that long piece and maybe make a simple headband out of that as well.

 

Next, I just slipped a plain plastic headband through the casing of the kerchief and added a dab of hot glue on each end to keep it in place.  Ta Da - instant kerchief headband!

 

I was able to make two of these, but as you can see, my headband model wasn't in the mood for trying on one new headband, let alone two.  But, I think it turned out really cute and was SO easy to make!  Be sure to check every clearance endcap at Target - you never know what you might find!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment