CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pattern Hearts

Since we are stuck at home for another snow/ice day, I thought we would work on some more Valentine crafts.  I found these cute dot printables over at DLTK.  You can use bingo markers or dot painters to fill in the dots.  But, since we didn't have either, we used dot stickers instead.

We chose the heart and decided to use our dots to create a pattern.  So, after the kids colored their hearts, they used the dot stickers to create a pattern around their heart.  My daughter is getting really good with patterns so this was good practice for her.  My son has had patterns down for a while now, so I challenged him to make a longer one.



I think they turned out really cute!  The kids even added another row of patterns to the inside of their hearts, then cut them out.


 

1 comment: