CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines for Kids, Part 1

Valentine's Day is so much fun!  This is a great time to let your kids get creative.  With some basic craft supplies, your kids can make some colorful and loving Valentines of their own.  Some supplies we like to use are:
  • construction paper or cardstock
  • glitter glue
  • stickers
  • markers/crayons/colored pencils/oil pastels
  • doilies
  • craft scissors (with fancy cutting edges)
  • yarn/embroidery thread/ribbon/curling ribbon
  • pony beads and buttons

Since my kids have started school, we try to get crafty with our Valentines, instead of buying the prepackaged Valentines at the store.

Last year in kindergarten, we made these Valentines for my son's class.  We cut out hearts from red construction paper, punched two holes, and slipped a glow stick through.  We added the little message, "Friend, you make my heart glow!"  We saw this idea in Family Fun magazine.


When my daughter was in preschool last year, we made up these goodie bags as Valentines.  Inside the bag we put Teddy Graham crackers and gummi bears.  We tied off the bag with pretty curling ribbon and added a note saying, "Bear Hugs from _____!"  Another idea from Family Fun.



Be on the lookout for more kid valentines ideas coming your way!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the teddy graham baggie. I think I might make these for my daycare kids for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, they were a big hit! So simple, but so cute!

    ReplyDelete